Keyboard support in UAAG 1.0 Issues

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:11:10 -0500
To: Peter Korn <korn@sun.com>
Cc: W3C WAI-UAWG <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

At the end of the call last week Peter was asking about the
keyboard requirements of UAAG 1.0.  Here are some of the main
requirements:

UAAG Keyboard Requirements
Checkpoint 1.1  Full Keyboard Access
http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG/guidelines.html#tech-device-independent-ui\

Checkpoint 1.2 Keyboard access to scripting event handlers
http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG/guidelines.html#tech-device-independent-handlers

Most of the checkpoints in Guideline 9
Guideline 9. Provide navigation mechanisms
http://www.w3.org/TR/UAAG/guidelines.html#gl-navigation

NOTE: What we do not require is that there be a cursor that
moves character by character through a web resource.  Although
to implement a sub-selection of rendered conent feature
through the keyboard, this would probably be the way to
implement it.  Note we do not require that a browser implement
a sub-selection of content feature, but most graphical
browsers do implemnt this.

MC-574

WWW: http://cita.rehab.uiuc.edu/