Re: Access keys

From: Maurizio Boscarol <maurizio@usabile.it>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:29:01 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

From: "Loretta Guarino Reid"
> What are our recommended best practices for access keys? In particular,
when
> access keys are defined in web content that conflict with keyboard
commands
> used by the User Agent, which takes precedence? What do we recommend to
> authors about the use of access keys?

I have the same problem. I don't think we could raccomend accesskeys without
considering the real-world implementation problems. As already said, there
are very few keys we can use without keyboard commands conflict. Yes, it's a
user agent problem, but without a basic key scheme raccomandation, every
user agent will go on in that way, and accesskey will not be implemented by
designers. We need a robust solution in the real world. Any idea?

Maurizio Boscarol
http://www.usabile.it
http://www.ecologiadeisitiweb.it