Re: COMMENTS on draft UA charter

 Hi all -

One of the problems I see in the charter is the introduction of ambiguity
into the process by the use of the word "should".  A charter statement is
not a procedural statement, its by nature a statement of higher goals and
programmatic services.  So to address this I suggest that the word's should
be replaced by "will" or "must" as appropriate to avoid this ambiguity.

Also the Duration section  (ss5) should actually be a part of the mission
or scope statement, and the deliverable should be defined in  the "Work
Product(s) or Deliverable(s)" section rather than the Duration Section where
it is now.

-----
ss2 - Scope
The scope of the UAWG's work under this charter, which is set to expire June
1st, 2004,  is to:

  1.. Collect initial requirements for a subsequent version of UAAG,
including but not limited to pervasive computing technologies.
  2.. Evaluate user agents for conformance to the UAAG 1.0;
  3.. Develop test suites for supporting the evaluation of user agents for
conformance to UAAG 1.0;
  4.. Track and promote implementation of UAAG 1.0 requirements;
  5.. Review and comment on the work in other W3C Working Groups;
  6.. Develop techniques for implementing the UAAG 1.0 for a range of user
agents;
---

And as well, my updated Deliverable Text is:
---
With the completion of  version 1.0 of the UAWG User Agent Accessibility
Guidelines (UAAG), the primary follow-on deliverable is a new requirements
document, complete with an initial set of test suites for HTML/CSS,
multimedia and SVG, and an updated implementation report that includes
results of the test suites.
The Working Group will continue to work on the following deliverables:

  1.. Techniques for (UAAG) 1.0, which provides implementation details for
satisfying the requirements of the Guidelines.
  2.. Test suites for user agents that render HTML and CSS.
  3.. Test suites for user agents that render audio, video and animations.
  4.. Test suites for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG).
  5.. Additional test suites based on developer requests and working group
resources.
  6.. An ongoing assessment of implementation of the UAAG 1.0;
  7.. Requirement documents and user scenarios for additional deliverables,
such as improved guidance on orientation and navigation features, guidelines
for mobile and kiosk technologies, guidelines for accessible scripts and
plug-ins, increased support for XML technologies;
  8.. Minutes of UAWG meetings.
---

These two slight modifications make the DURATION Section of the document
unnecessary....

More comments inline