Re: UA Test Suite comments - Checkpoints 1.1, 11.2, and 1.2

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 10:57:00 -0500
To: Catherine Laws <claws@us.ibm.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 09:37, Catherine Laws wrote:

> Jon,
>
> I have reviewed the test suites for Checkpoints 1.1 and 1.2 and have the
> following comments/issues:

Thanks Cathy!

> General test suite comments:
>
> - If we have written sample testcases to test compliance with specific
> checkpoints, do you want us to send them to someone, or are your students
> at the University of Illinois or Colin Koteles writing all the test cases?

I for one support contributions to the test suite. The UAWG does not
yet have a process set up for handling them. This issue is addressed
in guidelines 7 [1] of "QA Framework: Operational Guidelines", which is
currently in last call. This is a good topic for discussion at upcoming
meetings.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-ops/#Gd-plan-for-ts-transfer

> - Have your students at the University of Illinois created a list of
> comments about the test suites? If so, is that list published somewhere for
> review? If not, could it be?

Jon, it sounds like we could use an issues list for the test suite,
linked from the test suite home page (and the UAWG home page).

 _ Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447