Re: tooltip onfocus

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:33:26 +0000
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
To: Matt May <mcmay@w3.org>

Matt,

not sure if you are following this thread at wai-ig.

in any case, my concern is that if a UA does some action on mouse
event, it should be/is a standard that this is possible via an
alternative input such as keyboard. As I think you will realise, I'm
unclear as to why you mention HTML. could you please explain?

Even more seriously how are we to reach a consensus about this type of
issue, unless it is discussed somewhere. can you suggest where this
would be more properly discussed? writing individual bug reports is
unlikely to be effective and are frequently ignored if they call for
something that has not been standardised. for instance sound on event.

thanks

jonathan