Re: Proposed resolution to Issue 549

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:12:01 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

"Jon Gunderson" <jongund@uiuc.edu>
> Jim,
> Other than through scripting, is there HTML markup that causes this
color
> blinking effect?

In HTML I can't think of any other than included media, but as noted
elsewhere, there is in SVG.  I don't fully see that 4.3 (as written)
covers it, since if the author changes colours between colours named in
CSS2's system colour values (18.2 -
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/ui.html ) then would the blinking still
need to be stopped under the colour configuration req?

(btw I think it probably is covered in the control animation req, as I
don't see blinking/flashing as distinct from moving animation.)

Jim.