Conditional Content.

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:19:46 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

Hi,

Firstly congratulations on UAAG 1.0 it looks great, I've got no
criticisms of it.

I just have a question about 2.3 - Render Conditional Content.

In SVG, there are the foriegnObject, and metadata elements, both of which
allow content to be included with pretty much any semantics at all.  So
does 2.3 require that a SVG User Agent, render conditional content
included in a foreignObject or in Metadata elements, that it doesn't know
the semantics of (and so how to render sensibly.)

For example, http://jibbering.com/2002/8/static.svg is a simple SVG file,
containing just a raster image, with a title and description, and a
metadata element which describes the image in some detail, however it's
using my own semantics so we can't really expect another user agent to be
able to use it( http://jibbering.com/2002/8/img-desc.svg is what I do
with it.)

The same with foreignObject in SVG, are you expecting that an SVG UA
should render the XHTML or PDF, or whatever representation that is
included via foriegnObject (but not normally displayed due to switch.) ?

Jim.