Re: Review of section 6 in UA Guidelines

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:53:42 -0500
To: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua-request@w3.org

Ian,

Per our last phone call, I did a review of section 6 and agree with its
content. What I would recommend, however, is that the pixel-level
information mentioned in Note for 6.4 be explicitly called out for in the
techniques document for example:

- Do we want the foreground and background color at the pixel location?
- Do we want the bounding rectangle for an element at a given pixel
location?
- For a given pixel location do we want the corresponding DOM node and
offset of the element?

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM Accessibility Center
Research Division
EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",
Frost