Re: Archimedes Project

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:57:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: Harvey Bingham <hbingham@ACM.org>
cc: <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>

These guys have an approach which is based on making the system figure out
what is going on - in other words, the focus is in the user agent. They also
take the approach of developing an off-screen model in explicit contrast to
working through APIs - this requires more processing but it is flexible
across changes of systems (since user interface conventions change much
slower than the underlying systems as a rule).

Nonetheless it is interesting stuff and I think they would be useful

My sole contact with them is that I saw a presentation by Neil Scott in New
Zealand (where he is from) last year, and had a short chat.