XML Key Managment Service comment

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:48:35 -0600
To: fjh@alum.mit.edu, mike.just@entrust.com
Cc: www-xkms@w3.org, ij@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, w3c-wai-cg@w3.org, w3c-wai-pf@w3.org
I noticed that your charter said that DOM implementation issues was out of
scope for you document.  I have concerns here, since one of the issues in
the User Agent working group is dealing with is access to secure documents
for alternative rendering.  Ideally this would be a lot easier if there was
an interoperable way for security information to transmitted through the
DOM.  UAAG has a requirement to export the DOM to assistive technologies
for them to provide alternative renderings of alternative controls.

I think that a standard dom implementation for people to gain access to
content in a secure way is important for accessibility.  I am not sure how
this translates into your requirements document.

MC-574