Re: AGENDA: W3C User Agent Teleconference 24 January 2002

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> WAI UA Telecon for January 24th, 2002
> 1. Review Ray Whitmer proposal for event descriptions
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002JanMar/0020.html

I sent comments in [1] on this proposal. Ray's proposal is
very thin on explanation for the uninitiated. I'm not sure
how this proposal intersects with the subsequent discussion
on 17 Jan [1]. From your summary [3], it sounds like the
ball's in the DOM WG's court to draft a more detailed proposal.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002JanMar/0021
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002JanMar/0026
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002JanMar/0032

> 2. Implementation Report Update

I recently visited Microsoft (Mac IE), Netscape, Adobe,
and Apple. I am hoping that as a result of these visits,
we will receive evaluations of Mac IE, Netscape, Adobe's
SVG Viewer, and Apple's Quicktime player. I also expect
a review of Grins from Geoff Freed in the near future.

> 3. Test Suite Update

I have stopped work on this. However, I'm paying
some attention to deliverables of the QA Working Group
(which, by the way, use the WAI guidelines/checkpoints
model).

> 4. UAAG vs. 508 comparison

No progress here from my end. I am hoping that JG
and I will have a chance to talk about an XML or
RDF representation of relationships between the
two documents. I would like two documents at
some point:

  a) "If you satisfy 508 requirements and these X
      extra things, you can get UAAG 1.0 Level A
      (for the following content types labels, etc.)."

  b) "If you conform to UAAG 1.0 in the following way,
      you also conform to 508 if you do these extra
      things."

I think that UAAG 1.0 and Section 508 are sufficiently
different that documents a and b may be suprisingly
different.

  _ Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447