SUmmary of Resolutions from 18 teleconference

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:52:09 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Cc: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>, asgilman@iamdigex.net, rayw@netscape.com, plh@w3.org, lehors@us.ibm.com, shane@aptest.com, gleng@freedomscientific
The following is my summary of the UAAG teleconference on the 18th.  Please
let me know if people have a different view of my conclusions or additional
information.

Thanks,
Jon

1. Resolved
There will be two boolean tests available on a node for event
handlers.  One to test if a node will respond to a particular event (node
is in the event path) and one to test if the event handler is actually on
this specific node.

Action DOM: DOM working group will return with the specifications for UAAG
review

2. There is a proposal from Ray for getting a list of event listeners and
descriptions from the DOM.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2002JanMar/0020.html

Action DOM: DOM working group will return with specifications for UAAG review
Action UAAG/PF: Review Rays's draft for possible usage problems by AT

3. HTML working group with PF needs to continue wouking on:
a. Device independent event mapping
b. A means to define and associate descriptions of events with event
handlers (see proposal by Ray in 2).

Action: HTML and PF