Re: Checkpoints with low implementation experience

See my comments marked with dp: in the message below:
---message begins:---
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:11:00 -0500
To:
w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

From: Jon Gunderson <
jongund@uiuc.edu>

Subject: Checkpoints with low implementation experience

At this weeks telecon we will be discussing checkpoints with less than 2
independent implementations.

We have four options:
1. Remove the requirement altogether
2. Remove the requirement and transform the requirement into a suggested
implementation note attached to another requirement
3. Make the requirement more general to allow a wider range of ways to
satisfy the requirement (including some current implementations)
4. Maintain the requirement and ask the director to leave the
requirement
in the document as it advances, even though there is low implementation
experience
dp: I'll use the above as a general guide but my comments will be in
words.  I cannot comment on all checkpoints though.

This is our current list of 21 checkpoints with low implementation
experience:

Priority 1 Checkpoints (Total 5)

No complete implementation experience
4.6 Position captions.
dp: this seems important as i remember so would noeed to be retained
some how.  Maybe we can apply it to something else?

One complete implementation
1.2 Activate event handlers.
3.5 Toggle content refresh.
dp: a note perhaps.

4.4 Slow multimedia.
dp: broaden.

10.1 Table orientation.
dp: keep

Priority 2 Checkpoints (12 checkpoints)

No complete implementation experience
3.6 Toggle redirects.
dp: I can live without this one.

4.8 Control other multimedia.
dp: note perhaps for future

5.5 Confirm form submission.
dp: I don't think we absolutely have to have this one.

5.6 Confirm fee links.
dp: As I understand it, this one is dead.

10.5 Outline view.
dp: note.

One complete implementation
4.7 Slow other multimedia.
4.11 Control other volume.
dp: the two above might becombined into others.

5.3 Manual viewport open only.
6.8 DOM CSS access.
9.5 No events on focus change.
9.6 Show event handlers.
dp: I'd like to see this one implemented some how.

11.2 Current author bindings.
dp: note.

Priority 3 Checkpoints (4 checkpoints)

No complete implementation experience
2.10 Toggle placeholders. (Max rating: NI )
2.11 Alert unsupported language. (Max rating: VG )

One complete implementation
5.7 Manual viewport close only. (Ave rating: P- )
I can live without this one.

9.10 Configure important elements. (Ave rating: P- )
dp: this may be low hanging and near future.
...thoughts???...comments???

E-mail:
jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: