Re: Assistive technologies using XML

From: Jill Thomas <jill@ionsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:01:55 -0500
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
ION Systems' eMonocle reader uses XML content in the Open eBook (OeB) DTD to
allow rendering of the content at whatever size font the user needs - from 4
point to 144 point.  Additional functionality allows low-vision, dyslexic, and
scotopic (light and color sensitive) users to on-the-fly adapt the eMonocle user
interface to meet their vision and processing needs.
Jill Thomas
President, ION Systems, Inc.
636-937-9094     Fax 636-937-1828
107 Mississippi Ave., Crystal City, MO 63019
www.ionsystems.com     Your Bridge To Usability
www.galaxylibrary.com  Where Electronic And Print Worlds Converge
eMonocle (tm) an XML viewer for simultaneous use by sighted, low vision and, in
the near future, blind readers.
Web Eyes (tm) a web plug-in facilitating compliance with Section 508 and
accessibility to any web page for low-vision users.