speed & css

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:23:02 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Is it possible to give a guide as to how including css conformance will
impact on speed?

I'm rather stunned by how fast 'dillo' is. both loading and searching.
 (I estimate x10, and believe that for cached pages it may be x100 or more)
this needs mousewheel support or similar to confirm, one cannot click
fast enough.

Dillo has very little support for more than html, and I understand table
support is not ideal, frames are not supported, neither are animated gifs.

I'm in the process of upgrading our site, which has been using tables.
The site is http://www.peepo.com, it is a directory that uses images as
well as text.

speed is of the essence.

any comments will be welcome