Fw: linking to transcripts of audio files

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Kerscher" <kerscher@montana.com>
To: "'Jo Miller'" <jm@bendingline.com>; <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 3:23 PM
Subject: RE: linking to transcripts of audio files

Dear All,

You may want to check out the use of SMIL and the navigation features
developed by the Digital Accessible Information SYstem (DAISY)
Consortium.

find more at: http://www.daisy.org

The navigation model for linking into audio content is very powerful.
This work is being continued in concert with NISO and you can learn more
at: http://www.loc.gov/nls/z3986

This same navigation model has been introduced to the Open eBook Forum
and is expected to be  incorporated in the version 2 of their
specifications for eBooks.

Hope this helps.

Best
George