(unknown charset) Re: Part II: Issues raised during Mac IE evaluation of UAAG 1.0

From: (unknown charset) Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 22:28:50 -0600 (CST)
To: (unknown charset) "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
cc: (unknown charset) <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Some people only see in black and white (using the rods of their retina)
so different shades of gray are hard to distinguish.  So having a highlight
not dependent on color or sahdes of gray is important to some disabilities
to easily recognize highlighting and important element on a page.  Jacob
Neilson also recently reported that skilled web surferes with
visual impairments only complete tasks about a 20-33% percent as much
as their able bodied peers.  When they do complete a task it takes them
about twice as long.

So I don't like the idea of removing the "differ from color" clauses.

Was there a technical reason Tantek said this could not be done?

Jon