Announcement: Mozilla accessibility alpha is ready (fwd)

For those of you who have windows and want to test some more browsers...

chaals

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 13:20:29 -0800
From: Aaron Leventhal <aaronl@netscape.com>
To: mozilla-accessibility@mozilla.org
Subject: Announcement: Mozilla accessibility alpha is ready

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Mozilla's accessibility alpha is now ready
for 3rd party testing.
Mozilla is the basis upon which the Netscape browser is built, so this
is the place to start when working on Netscape accessibility. Almost all
features are now available through keyboard commands, and we now support
Microsoft Active Accessibility.

The purpose of this announcement is to encourage testing of our keyboard
support and MSAA implementation. Nightly Mozilla downloads are available
here:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-win32-installer.exe

Known bugs in our current MSAA implementation:
- No PDF support yet
- No tree or outliner widget support
- No XUL listbox support (none exist in the Netscape user interface anyway)
- No slider support (none exist in the Netscape user interface)
- No support from the dropdown button in XUL combo boxes
- Radio buttons reveal themselves through focus events, but not through
AccessibleObjectFromPoint()
- HTML select lists are not exposing their MSAA nodes through focus

We believe this implementation to be fairly solid, although we expect a
number of refinements will be necessary for a complete implementation.

Any feedback will be welcome and appreciated.

Thank you,

Aaron Leventhal