Re: Low vision usage

At 02:24 PM 2001-11-07 , David Poehlman wrote:
>Al, The answer is yes.  Some times, the image details are just too
>difficult to see or the image contrast is not good enough or the person
>has vision severe enough that images are not good ways for them to
>attain info but they can still read the text.

Thank you, David.

May I ask a follow-up clarifying question?

What you said here could describe a case where the image is completely useless
and simply giving the user the text is as good as it gets.

But that may not be what you meant.  I meant to ask, are there in between
people for whom the image is perceptually degraded to the point that the
assist
from the text is highly valuable; but still there is residual utility in the
image perception so that the text alone is inferior to having access to the
text with image, together.

Al

<<http://www.rnib.org.uk/>http://www.rnib.org.uk/><http://www.rnib.org.uk/>
http://www.rnib.org.uk