Re: [Fwd: UAAG - 508 Comparison]

At 2001-11-01 11:17, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
>This is from Jim Allan and Katie Haritos-Shea. Thanks to
>both of you!

A fine start.

Suggestions:

1) Start with reference links to the two (or more) sections of 508 and UAAG,
and the comparison codes. Add alt="..." to the buttons across the top.
What are they expected to link to?

2) Jim: Is red on green a color-blind no-no? I find it hard to read.
I won't miss the green. Wish I knew how to disable/override it in
Windows 98-2E.

3) Why the comparison column? Is some ranking value to go there?
Is that for us to discuss today? If so, need to explain it initially.

4) Why the many (but not all) otherwise empty cells with just "." content?
For orientation? Won't screen readers try to do something with those?
Will I hear "period" for each? Can I substitute "dot" for it?
Is this a recommended convention?

5) Presume that the empty rows suggest there may be more to go there?

Are there distinct requirements to be addressed from

     Subsection 1194.26 Desktop and Portable Computers?