W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > July to September 2001

Raw minutes for 9 August 2001 UAWG teleconf

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:58:21 -0400
Message-ID: <3B72DD4D.BC720303@w3.org>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
9 July 2001 UAWG teleconference

Agenda announcement: 
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JulSep/0180
 
Participants: Jon Gunderson (Chair), Ian Jacobs (Scribe), David
Poehlman, Gregory Rosmaita, Harvey Bingham, Rich Schwerdtfeger

Regrets: Tim Lacy, Eric Hansen, Mickey Quenzer
Absent: Denis Anson, Jim Allan

Previous meeting: 26 July 2001
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JulSep/0155

Next meeting: 16 August

Regrets for upcoming meetings:
    16 August: IJ
    23 August: IJ
    30 August: HB.

Reference document: 31 July draft:
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20010731/
 
====================================================================

------------------------
Candidate Recommendation
------------------------
 - Still working on scheduling going to CR. May be early September,
   but depends on state of implementation report being ready
   beforehand.

 - Recall proposed exit criterion: one implementation of each feature.

--------------------
Face-To-Face Meeting
--------------------

1. Meeting is in the Hyatt, and no special transportation is being 
   provided since assumption is that people will stay in Hyatt.

2. We are still looking for participants:

 GR: I think that it would be good to set aside particular slots of
 the agend for big implementation holes and invited people who can't
 be there in person to attend by phone.

 IE/Windows Media   Yes.
 Freedom box        Invited, probable
 Ion Systems        Invited, probable
 IE Mac             Invited, possible
 Netscape:          Invited, possible.
 Opera:             Invited, unlikekly.
 RealNetworks:      Invited, unable to attend
 GW Micro           Invited, unable to attend
 Mark Novak         Invited, unable to attend
 Al Gilman          Invited, unable to attend

 Action GR: Contact Dolphin
 Action DP: Contact Freedom box, Ion Systems
 Action JG: Write Judy/WAI domain to find out whether
            telephone access will be possible.
 Action JG: Contact Alva, Henter-Joyce,  Apple.
 Action JG: Contact Randy Marsden
 Action JG: Contact Geoff Freed or others 
            about attending part of meeting.
 Action RS: Find out whether anyone from HPR or 
            Multimedia groups can attend.

-------------------------
SVG WG last call comments
-------------------------

- No reply from SVG WG on our responses to their last
  call comments.

- We have sent a reminder that we are expecting their
  comments around 10 August.

 - Jon will send reminder if we don't hear from them soon.

---------------------
Implementation Report
---------------------

 - JG has been working on a tool to compile xml representation of
 evaluations into a master document that may be styled/filtered
 differently. Tools should be available to people in the next day or
 two.

 IJ: What is relationship of this tool to EARL?

 Action JG: Talk about JG's tool and EARL integration at WAI CG.

 GR: Talk to Sean Palmer about EARL.
  
 HB: I will send EARL primer to the WG.

 IJ: Collate the following:
  - 26 April, 3 May teleconf minutes
  - Opera last call review.
  - RealNetworks last call review
  - 13 November 2000 implementation report:
    http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-IMP-20001113/

 JG: I will send the report format to the WG.

 DP: Do we need to purge PWWebSpeak from our data?
 
 JG: No, the point is to show implementability.

 JG: We should check out HPR and WebSpeakster for synthesized
     speech checkpoints.
  
 GR: Check out Italian speech output browser (GR to 
     send URI to list).

 DP: Also, WebTalk (out of England?)

-------------------
Closed action items
-------------------

IJ: Return to Judy and Janet with re-scheduling. 
Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JulSep/0136
Status: 
  Still working on schedule. Possible advance to CR early September,
  but depends on the state of the implementation report.

IJ: Talk to Dean Jackson and write a proposal related to 
    checkpoint 2.4.
Source: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JulSep/0136
Status: Done in 31 July draft.



-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447
Received on Thursday, 16 August 2001 09:05:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:50:58 GMT