Definition: Operating Environment

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:53:18 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
I propose we add to the definition of "operating environment" [1] the
additional capabilities that a user agent may add to the conventional
capabilities of the operating system.   I think this is important in the
area of highlight mechanisms to include border styling.  Border styling is
typically not a part of most operating systems, but is available on
browsers that supprt CSS.