Re: [PROPOSAL] Checkpoint 4.1Configure text size.

"Ian B. Jacobs" wrote:

> Jon Gunderson wrote:
> >
> > >I am uncomfortable with a scenario where the user has available
> > >9, 10, and 80 points only as I think that for many users, 80 points
> > >will not result in a usable environment, and 36 points would be
> > >a much better solution. In fact, 80 points would make browsing
> > >nearly unusable for many people.
> > >
> > >I think more granularity is required, and in the past we have
> > >not been able to establish with certainty any granularity other
> > >than "everything".
> > >

> > JRG: If this is the case then our current wording would allow a conforming
> > user agent to offer just two choices, largest and smallest font size for a
> > particular font family (1 point and 80 point???), since this include the
> > full range of many operating systems.
>
> Yes, that is absolutely the case if there are only two sizes
> available. But that's a limitation of the operating environment and
> the user agent shouldn't have to pay for it.

I didn't make my point:

 - On a system with only two font sizes, your statement is true. And
that's
   fine because the UA is limited by the operating system.
 - On a system with 50, a UA could not conform by providing only 2
sizes.

 _ Ian

Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783