[PROPOSAL] Checkpoint 4.1Configure text size.

Tantek,
I will bring this issue back to the group for further discussion.

Here are two proposal that I though of to change checkpoint 4.1:

<OLD>
2. Allow the user to choose from among the full range of font sizes
supported by the operating environment.
</OLD>

<NEW1>
2. Allow the user to choose from the range of fonts which includes the
largest font size supported by the operating system environment and the
minimum font size that is considered usable for people without visual
impairments for each operating system supported font family.  The minimal
usable font size will vary across character sets and the user agent can
satisfy this checkpoint by supporting the full range of font sizes
supported by the operating system.
</NEW1>

or

<NEW2>
2. Allow the user to choose from a range of font sizes that includes the
largest font sizes supported by the operating system for a specific font
family.  The user agent can satisfy this checkpoint by supporting the full
range of font sizes supported by the operating system.
</NEW2>

Personally I like the second proposal, since it is clearly the original
intent of the checkpoint.  The first proposal seems a bit much and
ambiguous.  I think that we can trust that developers to include the
smallest font sizes that they feel are usable by people without disabilities.

I will bring this up with the group.  I am not sure the group will want to
make a change from the current wording.  Personally, like you, I am
troubled by the current requirement of the full range of supported fonts,
especially when the range includes unreadable font sizes.

If you have any other proposals, please send them to the group.

Thanks again for your interest in the guidelines,
Jon