[Clarification] Checkpoint 6.5 (alert of changes to content) does not apply to style changes

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 16:11:58 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hello,

In the 22 June draft, checkpoint 6.5 starts:

  "1.Provide programmatic alert of changes to content, user interface
     controls, selection, content focus, and user interface focus."

I would like to clarify in the Note following the checkpoint that
the checkpoint does not require alert to changes of style or
presentation
(including, for example, SVG and SMIL animations). As long as the DOM
is not changing, the checkpoint does not apply.

I consider this a clarification since the checkpoint refers to *content*
and not rendering.

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-UAAG10-20010622/
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783