[Proposal] Edits to text about speech output limitations.

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 14:58:50 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hello,

Based on comments [1] from Richard Premack, I'd like to propose the
following edits to section 1.3: "Known limitations of this document"
[2]:

<OLD>
  1) Braille. This document does not address braille rendering.
  2) Synthesized speech. This document includes few checkpoints
     related to synthesized speech output (in guideline 5).
</OLD>

<NEW>
  Output modalities. This document does not address braille rendering.
  Many of the requirements of this document are generic enough to apply
  to any modality (including braille). Some requirements are specific
  to visual output and others specific to speech output.
</NEW>

Comment:

 a) I created an "output modalities" entry to be parallel to the
   "input modalities" entry. They should be side by side.

 _ Ian

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JulSep/0003.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-UAAG10-20010622/intro.html#limitations
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783