Re: Editorial nits in UAAG10

Harvey Bingham wrote:

> Nitpicking on
>
>      http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20010309
[snip]

> 7. I'd like "return to Table of Contents" internal links within
> the document, at the end of each section.

We used to have those, then got rid of them. I was told
(perhaps by Gregory and/or Charles and/or Daniel?) that
they weren't that useful in practice. They were used in WCAG 1.0
and I've never heard any positive feedback about them.

We also used to have links at the beginning of each Guideline
to each checkpoint in the Guideline. I was also told those
weren't useful in practice. So there's no easy navigation
directly to a specific checkpoint.

I'm not against adding such mechanisms, but it doesn't come for
free, so I'd like to hear what users of the document have to
say.