Another issue for DOM WG meeting

From: Aaron Leventhal <aaronl@chorus.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:47:33 -0800
To: <w3c-wai-ui@w3.org>
Cc: <ij@w3.org>
Another topic for the DOM WG.

Creating of a team to develop a cross-platform accessibility API standard, to eventually supercede MSAA & Java
Accessibility. Judy Brewer, Daniel Dardailler, Rich Schwerdtfegger and I have spoken about this. We could probably get Sun
involved on behalf of Gnome accessibility.

We see this as extending the DOM in some ways, and also defining a minimum subset of the DOM to support in legacy widget
sets that want to support accessibility via this API.

Thoughts?
Aaron