W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2001

AGENDA: W3C User Agent Teleconference 22 February 2001

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:00:08 -0600
Message-Id: <4.3.1.2.20010221105818.0328ab78@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for February 22nd, 2001

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 22 Febraury 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Action Items (see details below)

Announcements

    1.No telecon next week, FTF meeting

Discussion

    1.Coordination of joint meetings with DOM and CSS
      CSS: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0237.html
      DOM: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0213.html

    2.Agenda for FTF meeting in Boston
      http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/ua-agenda

    3.Issue 443: Checkpoint 1.4: Device indepdent access to pointer (mouse) 
specific events.

    4.Definition Issues:
         1.Issue 359: Definition: text content (incompatible with WCAG?)
         2.Issue 358: Definition: Equivalent
         3.Issue 322: The definition of the word element
         4.Issue 321: Equivalency relationships and the wording of 
checkpoint 2.3
         5.Issue 394: Checkpoint 2.1: Vague about what cannot be provided 
through a source view

Open Action Items

    1.IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question 
(equivalence, text element, etc.)

    2.IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to 
be one of the testers).
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137.html

    3.IJ: Write an executive summary appendix.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0200.html

    4.IJ: Send an email about CSS issues to take to the CSS WG. Confirm 
that IJ will attend CSS meeting earlier in the week to discuss WAI issues.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0227.html

    5.IJ: Write a proposal trying to define repair requirements for 
pointing device specific event handlers we might include in the guidelines.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0227.html

    6.JG: Implementation information for guideline 2

    7.JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech 
implementation issues. Notably UA and AT wanting to use the same 
synthesizer engine.

    8.JG: Create issue list for things that need to be addressed in the 
next version of the document

    9.GL: Ask someone from Microsoft whether they will evaluate the 
guidelines with a product.
      Deadline: 2/1/2001
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137.html

   10.GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information

   11.JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation information

   12.TL: Report to WG on discussions at Microsoft about keyboard emulation.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0227.html

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Wednesday, 21 February 2001 11:57:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:29 UTC