W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2001

AGENDA: W3C WAI User Agent Guidelines 8 February 2001

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 08:43:16 -0600
Message-Id: <>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for February 8th, 2001

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 8 Febraury 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Action Items (details below)


    1.Register for User Agent face-to-face meeting in Boston on 1-2 March 2001


    1.Coordination of joint meetings with DOM and CSS

    2.Issue 443: Checkpoint 1.4: Device indepdent access to pointer (mouse) 
specific events.
      Source: http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#443
      Status: The document currently requires emulation of mouse-specific
      controls by virtue of our requirement that the user must be able to do
      everything through the mouse.
      a) Do we want to require the UA to repair device-specific bindings 
specified by the author?
      b) Do we have evidence that the ability to simulate mouse events 
through the keyboard benefits the user?

    3.Definition Issues:
         1.Issue 359: Definition: text content (incompatible with WCAG?)
         2.Issue 358: Definition: Equivalent
         3.Issue 322: The definition of the word element
         4.Issue 321: Equivalency relationships and the wording of 
checkpoint 2.3

    4.Issue 394: Checkpoint 2.1: Vague about what cannot be provided 
through a source view

Open Action Items

    1.IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question 
(equivalence, text element, etc.)

    2.IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to 
be one of the testers).

    3.IJ: Send email to list asking for input on scope of checkpoint 1.1 
including emulation of device specific behaviors

    4.JG: Talk to Al Gilman at the next WAI CG meeting about a joint 
meeting with UA, PF, and Voice WG (or participants) to discuss 
accessibility issues.

    5.JG: Implementation information for guideline 2

    6.JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech 
implementation issues. Notably UA and AT wanting to use the same 
synthesizer engine.

    7.JG: Create issue list for things that need to be addressed in the 
next version of the document

    8.JG: Ping AOL to see if they can attend

    9.JG: Request bridge from Judy for 3-4 people

   10.GL: Ask someone from Microsoft whether they will evaluate the 
guidelines with a product.
      Deadline: 2/1/2001

   11.GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information

   12.JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation information

   13.MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the 
techniques document based on OpenBook. (deadline open)

   14.KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and 
number of items in search

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Wednesday, 7 February 2001 09:41:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 14:49:29 UTC