W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > January to March 2001

AGENDA: W3C User Agent Teleconference 1 February 2001

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:56:47 -0600
Message-Id: <4.3.1.2.20010130165455.0132d258@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for February 1st, 2001

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 1 Febraury 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Action Items (see details below)

Announcements

    1.Next User Agent face-to-face meeting in Boston on 1-2 March 2001

Discussion

    1.All working group meeting coordination

    2.Issue 455: Guideline 4: Change to "Ensure user control of presentation"?
      Source: http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#455

    3.Issue 456: Editorial: Need to clarify in section 3.2 that we do not 
mean system APIs
      Source: http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#456

    4.Issue 457: Checkpoint 5.4: Ambiguity about what exactly required: 
standard APIs only?
      Source: http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#457

    5.Issue 458: Do link highlighting requirements apply to all zones of an 
image map? What is required granularity?
      Source: http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#458

    6.Issue 443: Checkpoint 1.4: Device indepdent access to pointer (mouse) 
specific events.
      Source: http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#443
      Status: The document currently requires emulation of mouse-specific 
controls by virtue of our requirement that the user must be able to do 
everything
      through the mouse.
      Discussion:
      a) Do we want to require the UA to repair device-specific bindings 
specified by the author?
      b) Do we have evidence that the ability to simulate mouse events 
through the keyboard benefits the user?

    7.Definition Issues:
         1.Issue 359: Definition: text content (incompatible with WCAG?)
         2.Issue 358: Definition: Equivalent
         3.Issue 322: The definition of the word element
         4.Issue 321: Equivalency relationships and the wording of 
checkpoint 2.3

Open Action Items

    1.IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question 
(equivalence, text element, etc.)

    2.IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to 
be one of the testers).
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137.html

    3.JG: Talk to Al Gilman at the next WAI CG meeting about a joint 
meeting with UA, PF, and Voice WG (or participants) to discuss 
accessibility issues.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0083.html

    4.JG: Send screen shots of directional techniques
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0083.html

    5.JG: Implementation information for guideline 2

    6.JG: Propose text for the techniques document about synthesized speech 
implementation issues. Notably UA and AT wanting to use the same synthesizer
      engine.

    7.JG: Create issue list for things that need to be addressed in the 
next version of the document

    8.JG: Request input on the resolution of issue 454
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0105.html

    9.GL: Ask someone from Microsoft whether they will evaluate the 
guidelines with a product.
      Deadline: one week.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0137.html

   10.GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information

   11.JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation information

   12.MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the 
techniques document based on OpenBook. (deadline open)

   13.KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and 
number of items in search

Completed Action Items

    1.IJ: Add these resolutions for issue 324.
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0098.html
      Resolved: Will be part of next working draft

    2.IJ: Add IJ proposed checkpoint for character set API support for 
issue 324
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0098.html
      Done: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0088.html

    3.IJ: Ask Philippe Le Hegaret about read only suport for DOM style 
module and alert the WG
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0098.html
      Done: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0099.html

    4.IJ and EH: to review the definition of "presentation" to possibly 
drop URI-dependencies.
      Done: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0119.html

    5.IJ: Implement "environment conventions" changes per resolution of 
Issue #450
      Source: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0105.html
      Done for next draft

    6.IJ and EH: Work on definition of "animation" that identifies 
"animated image" as a special case. Also talks about script effects, style 
sheets effects, markup
      languages as being able to create animations. (Blinking not part of 
animations...?)
      Done: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JanMar/0118.html


Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Tuesday, 30 January 2001 17:54:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:50:38 GMT