[Implementation report] Re: Proposal to reconsider resolution to issue 420

Ian Jacobs wrote:

> Ian Jacobs wrote:
> >
> Ian wrote:
> > At the 20 December teleconference [1], we resolved for issue 420 [2]
> > not to make any change to checkpoint 8.3 regarding prompting before
> > following a fee link. This is a request to reconsider that decision.
> >
> [snip]
> >  - If feel links are not used widely today, and browsers
> >    don't yet implement these features, we should be ahead of
> >    the curve and ensure that we require them to do the
> >    right thing now. I recognize that we need implementation
> >    experience to see whetherexisting plug-ins allow
> >    configuration to prompt users before charging them.

More implementation information:

Amir Herzberg (who is part of the W3C Micropayments Markup Working
Group) informs me that for "NewGenPay Micropayments Wallet" [3]:

  "...[the] user can configure a pop-up confirmation
   for payments over a user defined amount."

(I hope to get a URI to online documentation of this feature.)

That makes two implementations (see earlier on this
thread) of a payment system that illustrates configuration to
confirm payments.

 - Ian

[3] http://www.newgenpay.com/