Re: motionless?

Agree (especially that it is editorial and we can trust Ian with it).

Chaals

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Jon Gunderson wrote:

  We used the word "freeze" in previous working drafts[1].  Since this is
  primarily editorial, I suggest we funnel ideas to Ian through the list and
  see what seems to make sense to him.  I think motionless is pretty good,
  maybe we should add a definition of motionless in the glossary or a example
  note under checkpoints 3.3 and 3.4 to clarify any possible
  mis-interpretation of the meaning.

  Jon

  [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/WD-UAAG10-20000610/

  At 11:49 AM 1/4/2001 -0500, Al Gilman wrote:
  >At 10:24 AM 2001-01-04 -0500, David Poehlman wrote:
  > >below are two checkpoints with the word motionless in them.  I know
  > >I've seen them before but it occurred to me that blinking is not
  > >actually motion and that for both, perhaps the word static would be
  > >better than motionless?
  > >
  > >   3.3 Allow the user to configure the user agent to render animated
  > >or
  > >          blinking text as motionless text. [Priority 1]
  > >          Content type labels: VisualText.
  > >          Techniques for checkpoint 3.3
  > >
  > >   3.4 Allow the user to configure the user agent to render blinking
  > >          images as motionless images. [Priority 1]
  > >          Content type labels: Color, Animation.
  > >          Techniques for checkpoint 3.4
  > >

  >AG::
  >
  >Good point.  On the other hand, 'static' risks confusion with issues of
  >dynamic
  >content.
  >
  >Other terms that might work here:  unchanging, frozen, unblinking, "an
  >unchanging display."
  >
  >Al
  >
  > >Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
  > >touching the internet
  > ><mailto:poehlman1@home.com>mailto:poehlman1@home.com
  > >voice: 301.949.7599
  > >---end sig---

until 6 January 2001 at:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France