Re: Checkpoint 4.6

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:07:32 -0400
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
CC: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Jon Gunderson wrote:

> Do we need to make it clear that a markup or style sheet language used to
> satisfy checkpoint 4.6 must allow both overlapping and non-overlapping of
> captions with respect to the video track?
>
> This is the requirement in the otherwise clause, but it is not clear if
> this requirement applies also to the use of markup or stylesheet.

Here's why it doesn't say that today: we never have before.
We added the functional requirements of overlap/non-overlap
to clarify the not-in-same-viewport case. I didn't want to
add this explicit of a requirement to what we already had.

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783