Re: hpr 3.0 Fw: noscript

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 22:46:23 -0400
To: claws@us.ibm.com
CC: User Agent Working group list <w3c-wai-ua@w3.org>
Cathy Laws (claws@us.ibm.com) wrote about HPR 3.0:

> We tried using the Custom Level under the Security tab
> in Internet Options to turn off scripting, but we could not
> get Javascripts turned off in IE 5.5. When we look at the
> DOM, the NOSCRIPT tag is there but not the  NOSCRIPT content.
> Since HPR only uses the DOM to get web page content,
> it is not rendering NOSCRIPT content.

Hi Cathy,

I'm not sure I understand the last comment about the tag
being in the DOM but not the element content. Why
is the NOSCRIPT content not in the IE DOM?

[Please forgive me if your comment was specific to
a given page and not a general comment about how IE
handles NOSCRIPT.]

Thank you,

Tel:                     +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                    +1 917 450-8783