Fw: Deaf-Blind Internet Captioning Solution

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Brand" <sbrand@speche.com>
To: <access-l@icomm.ca>
Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2001 12:29 AM
Subject: Deaf-Blind Internet Captioning Solution

Greetings,

I just wanted to relay to ACCESS-L that my company has recently
developed a
product called eScription which enables for live captioning over the
Internet.  eScription was originally designed for the media to provide
real
time, multi-language text over the Internet and was introduced at each
of
last October's Presidential Debates.
(Demo http://www.speche.com/SpecheBox/SpecheBox.asp?ID=1)

Our streaming text solution is base on streaming media technology and
integrates with streaming audio and video if need be.  In light of the
explosion in Internet-based broadcasting to relay breaking news both
financial and general as well as educational content, we feel strongly
that
the deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind communities are receiving an
unfair
disadvantage in terms of accessibility; we hope eScription addresses
this
discrepancy.

In addition to providing real time text which aggregates into complete
documents that can be retrieved and queried by key word, we have made
the
live captions modifiable by end users in terms of font color, style, and
size.
We hope that these alterations will help individuals who are visually
sensitive
to such differences.

My company is not a captioning nor court reporting company, rather a
technology partner for captioning and court reporting companies /
organizations
who are in need of a real time Internet captioning solution.  I hope you
do
not mind my email and desire to share this innovation with you.  I would
greatly appreciate any feedback that you may have in terms of our
product.
Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Best wishes,

Stephen Brand
President
Speche Communications