Re: INPUT TYPE="file", speech output, & triggering mechanisms

From: gregory j. rosmaita <oedipus@hicom.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:41:48 -0400 (EDT)
To: timla@microsoft.com, Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, www-validator@w3.org
Al Gilman asked, in relation to the "Browse" button that enables a file
selection interface to be invoked via the INPUT TYPE="file" control type:
> Does IE put the 'browse' button in the DOM or only to the screen through MSAA?

actually, i was hoping that someone such as, oh, say, tim lacy, might
answer that...

gregory.
CARTESIAN, adj. Relating to Descartes, a famous philosopher, author of the
celebrated dictum, _Cogito ergo sum_--whereby he was pleased to suppose he
demonstrated the reality of human existence. The dictum might be improved,
however, thus: _Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum_--"I think that I think,
therefore I think that I am;" as close an approach to certainty as any
philosopher has yet made.      -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
Camera Obscura:                   http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/index.html
VICUG NYC:                  http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html
Read 'Em & Speak:           http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/books/index.html