[Editorial] Proposed clarification to checkpoint 12.5 (documentation of changes that affect accessibility)

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:20:45 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Hello,

In the 9 April draft [1], checkpoint 12.5 reads:

   "12.5 In each software release, document all changes that
         affect accessibility."

I think this checkpoint is could be interpreted as making
a requirement that spans more than one release of a user
agent. This would make conformance for a specific release
of a user agent impossible.

Instead, I propose the following language, which I consider
an editorial clarification:

   "12.5 Document all changes from the previous version
         of the user agent that affect accessibility."

Comments:

 - The term "release" has been replaced by "version", which
   is the term used in the section on conformance.

 _ Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-UAAG10-20010409/
Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842