Re: Accessible browser download (handles event navigation)

Charles,
The accessible browser project is a group of senior design students that
are working on building a more accessible browser.  The accessible browser
is built on Microsoft Internet Explorer technology and supports graphical
and speech rendering of web pages.  It will also support structural
navigation and the dynamic application of style sheets.  The feature of
greatest interest to the User Agent working group is a new feature to
navigate to elements with event handlers (even if they are not links or
form controls), allow the user to query what events are associated with the
element and then allow the user to trigger each of the events
manually.  This is very important for showing implementation experience for
Checkpoints 1.2, 9.2 and 9.4.  I hoping they will also be able to implement
checkpoint 9.5 on disabling automatic triggering of user interface events.

More on the overall project at:
http://slappy.cs.uiuc.edu/fall00/team4/

Jon