W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-ua@w3.org > October to December 2000

AGENDA: W3C User Agent Telecon 7 December 2000

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 13:29:56 -0600
Message-Id: <4.3.1.2.20001206131337.01276b10@staff.uiuc.edu>
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
WAI UA Telecon for December 7th, 2000

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 7 December
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038

Agenda

Review Action Items (see details below)

Announcements

    1.Next User Agent face-to-face meeting in Boston on 1-2 March 2001

Discussion

    1.Joint meetings with other WAI working groups at our next FTF in March
           DOM:
                XML to XHTML and other presentation langauges: What DOM(s) 
do AT see
                DOM for representing user interface controls and events
                Accessibility implementation requirements
           Mobile Computing
                User interface accessibility issues
                Accessibility implementation requirements
           CSS:
                Accessibility implementation requirements

    2.Issues list changes related to additional last call comments

    3.Issue #399: Checkpoint 4.7: Implementation experience for this?
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#399

    4.Issue #400: Checkpoint 4.11: Why limited to sources synchronized to 
play simultanously?
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#400

    5.Issue #401: Checkpoint 4.12: Split checkpoint with minreqs in a separate
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#401

    6.Issue #402: Checkpoint 4.12: Problem with incremental change (e.g., 
for one wpm case)
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#402

    7.Issue #403: Checkpoint 4.12: Need to require override of 
author-specified speeds.
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#403

    8.Issue #404: Checkpoint 4.16 (4.17, 8.2): Font requirement implies big 
performance hit, reflow.
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#404

    9.Issue #405: Checkpoint 4.17: Need stronger requirement to distinguish 
selection/focus
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#405

   10.Issue #406: Checkpoint 4.18: Lower to Priority 3
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#406

   11.Issue #407: Checkpoint 4.20: Include requirement to control automatic 
closing of viewports
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#407

   12.Issue #408: Checkpoint 4.20: Allow configuration to prompt to open, 
not force manual open.
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#408

   13.Issue #409: Checkpoint 4.20: If frames are not opened, what is result?
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#409

   14.Issue #410: Checkpoint 4.21: Is this redundant to 4.20?
      http://server.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear-lc2.html#410



Action Item Summary

Open Action Items

    1.WG: look for user agents that implement mouse events like mouse over 
with the keyboard.

    2.Action IJ: Follow up with Greg Lowney on issue 389

    3.IJ: (Issue 387) Propose new wording for check point 8.4 reflecting 
discussion on 28 November

    4.IJ: Ask Jason White for CSS implementation information for emacspeak

    5.IJ: Publish new implementation report for the meeting

    6.IJ: Improve wording of note for 4.14 related to CSS reference

    7.IJ, EH, AG: Propose new definitions forterms in question 
(equivalence, text element, etc.)

    8.IJ: Draft new language for 6.2

    9.IJ: Get wording from Martin for thisrequirement (e.g., "conform", 
"implement", etc.) for issue 327

   10.IJ: Talk to the Director about DOM 2 proposal discussed at FTF meeting

   11.IJ: Propose new checkpoints to see how it feels to harmonize the 
requirements related to comments in issue 348.

   12.IJ: Propose new checkpoints/modifiedcheckpoints for 8.2.

   13.IJ: Add some more explanation about the difference between 7.3 and7.4.

   14.IJ: Proposed fixed wording for 7.5

   15.IJ: Add to techniques a link to Adobe's accessible PDF information.

   16.IJ and AG: Revise the applicability provision and send to WG.

   17.IJ: Ask Adobe why this is hard (issue 382)

   18.IJ: 1.4 needs to be re-written in light of changes in checkpoint 1.1.

   19.IJ: Proposed text in 2.1

   20.IJ: Add a note to 5.8 - content requirements may also apply to user 
interface

   21.IJ: Mention that resizing and overiding absolute values is part of 
some specification in section 1.2

   22.IJ: Clarify the meaning of system colors

   23.IJ:
      a) clarify "recognize style" in checkpoints 4.5
      b) need more rational - refer to WCAG - style less important than 
other content
      c) add note 4.5 - give example of multimedia content that can be 
recognized as style

   24.JG: Implementation information for guideline 2

   25.JG: Propose a list of things we areexpecting UAs to recognize in 
scripts.

   26.AG: Send a reply to Phill related to issue 362

   27.GR: Review checkpoints in Guideline 10 for implementation information

   28.GR: Talk to Håkon about CSS support.

   29.MQ: Send more details about control of speech parameters for the 
techniques document based on OpenBook.

   30.KB: Submit technique on providing information on current item and 
number of items in search

   31.JA: Review checkpoints in Guideline 4 for implementation information

   32.CMN: Send a proposed definition of equivalent to the group

   33.JG: Ask PF people, especially Rich, about user agents that implement 
mouse events like mouse over with the keyboard next week at ER-PF FTF.

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund
WWW: http://www.w3.org/wai/ua
Received on Wednesday, 6 December 2000 14:28:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 06:50:22 GMT