Re: Second last call issues list updated

I would like to thank Ian for updating the issues list and including the
reviewers comments as part of the issue.  I would also like to state that
with the large number of issues that we cannot spend extended time on any
one issue.  In general if an issue exceeds more that 15 minutes of
discussion at the FTF meeting, I will ask working group members to take
action items to draft resolution proposals for the group to consider later
in the FTF meeting or on a subsequent telecon.

I think it is also important to point out as we review last call comments
that we are developing W3C recommendations and that we must meet the
current standards for W3C recommendations.

1. If we cannot show implementation experience for a checkpoint the group
will need to decide whether:
a. Retain the checkpoint; actively recruit implementation by developers;
and prepare to return to candidate recommendation
b. Remove the checkpoint and add the requirements to the list of
requirements for a later document
c. Reduce requirements to something that we have implementation experience
and add more advanced requirements to the list of requirements for future
documents

2. If the checkpoint cannot be verified (i.e. to broad or unclear) this
will probably result in conflicting conformance claims and reduce the
utility of the document to both consumers and developers.
a. Say more clearly what we want now, and more general requirements to a
list of future requirements
b. Remove the checkpoint and add requirements for a future document

Remember this is the first version of this document and that while we want
to be forward thinking in our guidelines.  The checkpoints should clearly
state what the problems people with disabilities are having now and propose
proven solutions.

Look forward to seeing you soon,
Jon