Re: Comments on Last Call draft

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:46:29 -0500
To: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
CC: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Liam Quinn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Congratulations to all for their hard work on UAAG 1.0.  I reviewed the
> Last Call draft [1] and found only a couple minor issues:
>
> For Guideline 1, it would be helpful to briefly explain (in parentheses
> or the glossary) the meaning of the phrase "pre-rasterize text".

Ok.

> Checkpoint 3.4 discusses "blinking images", but it could use "animated
> or blinking images" to be more encompassing.

That's covered in checkpoint 3.2 (audio, video, animated images).
This is because "audio, video, animations" often appears as a trio
in this document, so blinking images gets its own checkpoint.

> Also, the techniques for this
> checkpoint mention "animated or blinking text" when I think they should
> say
> "animated or blinking images". It may be useful to suggest in the
> techniques
> that the still image rendered be the first frame of an animated image.

Yep, that's an editorial bug in the Techniques document.

Thank you Liam,

 - Ian

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-UAAG10-20001023/

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842