[last call, S2] orient and navigate: same important elements

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 01:27:26 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Checkpoint 8.4

Where it says in the note

                           ... This checkpoint does not require that
          the outline view be navigable, but this is recommended; refer
          to [456]checkpoint 7.6.

This appears to be legacy language left over from before the changes in 7.6
7.7.  It is quite unclear as it stands, in that checkpoint 7.7 _does_ require
that where there is structural navigation provided pursuant to checkpoint 7.6,
that this [8.4] outline view _does_ present the same selection of "important
elements" as are the destinations reached via the navigation capability.

Or I thought that was what we thought we decided when we put the "same
configuration" language in checkpoint 7.7.

Usage in headers.  Comments in response to the last call request for comments
have been classified S1, S2, or E based on the following rough scale:

S1: Substantive matter of the first (highest) criticality or importance to the
mission of the document.  The standard set is ineffective, the document is
contradictory, etc.

S2: Substantive matter of a somewhat lower criticality.  The document is hard
to comprehend, does not align well with related WAI documents, etc.

E: Editorial matters.  Not regarded as substantive.

User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0

W3C Working Draft 23 October 2000

   This version: