[last call, S2] orient and navigate: same important elements

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 01:27:26 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Checkpoint 8.4

Where it says in the note

                           ... This checkpoint does not require that
          the outline view be navigable, but this is recommended; refer
          to [456]checkpoint 7.6.

This appears to be legacy language left over from before the changes in 7.6
and
7.7.  It is quite unclear as it stands, in that checkpoint 7.7 _does_ require
that where there is structural navigation provided pursuant to checkpoint 7.6,
that this [8.4] outline view _does_ present the same selection of "important
elements" as are the destinations reached via the navigation capability.

Or I thought that was what we thought we decided when we put the "same
configuration" language in checkpoint 7.7.

Al
--
Usage in headers.  Comments in response to the last call request for comments
have been classified S1, S2, or E based on the following rough scale:

S1: Substantive matter of the first (highest) criticality or importance to the
mission of the document.  The standard set is ineffective, the document is
self
contradictory, etc.

S2: Substantive matter of a somewhat lower criticality.  The document is hard
to comprehend, does not align well with related WAI documents, etc.

E: Editorial matters.  Not regarded as substantive.

Re:

User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0

W3C Working Draft 23 October 2000

   This version: