Re: Implementation Information for Guideline 5

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 20:29:48 -0500
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org

Home Page Reader 3.0 makes extensive use of the Document Object Model. This
is a big change from HPR 2.5 and it allows us to support dynamic changes to
the document due to dynamic page extensions such as those due to JavaScript

Home Page Reader 3.0 also responds to standard input API.

Both of these are required in our guidelines.

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM Accessibility Center
Research Division
EMail/web: schwer@us.ibm.com

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.",

Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>@w3.org on 10/26/2000 08:37:57 AM

Sent by:  w3c-wai-ua-request@w3.org

To:   w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Subject:  Re: Implementation Information for Guideline 5

It is also important that Henter-Joyce Jaws as an assistive technology uses
a DOM based technology to model web page they are trying to access.