Re: 21 October version of UAAG 1.0 Guidelines/Techniques available

Ian Jacobs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've published a new version of the UAAG 1.0 Guidelines and
> Techniques based on recent edits and resolutions. I do not
> expect this draft to change substantially before being sent
> to last call (probably Monday).

Changes now available [1] and quoted below.

Cheers,

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/wai-ua-wd-changes.html

General

   There are minor editorial changes globally based on review from Ian,
   Eric, and Judy Brewer.
     * Changed Braille to braille based on comments from Eric and Judy.

  Abstract

   Updated to focus on purpose and scope of document. Scope is expanded
   on in section 1.2.

  Introduction

     * Important! Section 1.2 has been rewritten. It is no longer
       essentially a summary of general design principles (though those
       are still there). It is now a discussion of the scope of the
       document and some assumptions that affected the choice and
       elimination of some requirements.
     * Titles of 1.1 and 1.2 now include "user agent" before "design"

  Guidelines

     * Guideline 6: Some prose changed for clarification about w3c
       process.
     * Guidelines 5, 8: Prose edited after redistribution of old section
       1.2 text (principles).
     * Old Guideline 9 deleted. Checkpoints redistributed per [7]12
       October teleconference.

      [7]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0083.html

  Checkpoints

     * 1.4: Note after edited to improve readability.
     * 1.5: Clarified per [8]12 October teleconference.
     * 2.5: To note after 2.5 state that empty text eq is valid in some
       cases.
     * 2.6: New requirement for configuration per [9]12 October
       teleconference. Also reworded accordingly.
     * 2.7: Edited note.
     * 3.1: Edited note.
     * 4.1: Added note about SVG per [10]10 October teleconf.
     * 4.5: Editorial changes to wording of checkpoint text.
     * 5.4: Editorial changes to help readability of parenthetical.
     * 9.5: Redundant checkpoint text with 9.4 deleted per [11]10
October
       teleconf.
     * 8.4: Minor edits for clarification.
     * 8.7: Edited according to [12]proposal from Ian per [13]12 October
       teleconference.
     * Deleted "automatic satisfaction" from four checkpoints since it
       was confusing and unnecessary since the checkpoints already
       express minimal requirements.

      [8]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0083.html
      [9]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0083.html
     [10]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0055.html
     [11]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0055.html
     [12]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0060.htm
     [13]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0083.html

  Conformance

     * Text in section 2 (before priorities) changed to explain minimal
       requirements better.
     * Added "Basic" label to content label sets per [14]10 October
       teleconf. Some other cleanup to label set descriptions.
     * Now, for conformance, the UA must implement some keyboard API,
       even when there's no std system API per [15]12 October
       teleconference.
     * The phrase "conformance logo" now appears in the document to help
       people find icon/logo.

     [14]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0055.html
     [15]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0083.html

  Glossary

     * Changed definition of document source/document source view based
       on [16]12 October resolution and added information to tie it to
       HTTP 1.1.
     * Edits to text element, etc. based on several Eric comments.
     * Important discussion in the definition of API. Standard device
API
       moved to definition of API.
     * New definition of "explicit user request". Checkpoints 3.6, 3.7,
       4.19, 4.20, and 9.2 were edited to use this term. Deleted the
term
       "user-initiated" since covered by this term and otherwise unused.
     * New definition of repair content and repair text. Harmonized
usage
       in the document. Added info that repair content not required in
       the DOM per [17]12 October teleconference.
     * New definitions of support, implement, conform per [18]12 October
       teleconference. Some checkpoint text changed editorially to match
       these definitions.
     * Modified definition of "user agent" to also have meaning of
       "subject", per [19]12 October teleconference.
     * Some clarifications to definition of "web resource"
     * Deleted second meaning of "synchronize" since unused in
       checkpoints. Replaced with "coordinate" where used in techniques.
     * In definition of alert, deleted "necessarily".
     * Edits to "point of regard" for clarification.

     [16]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0083.html
     [17]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0083.html