Re: Editorial comments on UAAG 29 September draft

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:18:34 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Jon Gunderson wrote:

  4. Checkpoint 2.1, what about META comments and other information in the
  HEAD block, is that part of the DOM?

CMN Yes.
JRG
  Is there anything in XML like the Head block that contains META
  information?
CMN
XML is a language for writing languages in. XML doesn't itself define a HEAD
element. But many languages writtenn in XML (e.g. XHTML - which is almost
exactly the same as HTML 4.0, SVG) do have such an element, or at least a
paralell mechanism. XML that includes the use of the namespaces specification
allows multiple kinds of XML to be mixed together, and one of the commonest
uses of this in existing implementation is for RDF metadata. (Amaya also uses
it to mix graphics, math and XHTML together)
JRG
  10. Conformance section 3.7: Do we need to specify what level of WCAG the
  conformance claim must satisfy.  I suggest double-A, like UAAG.

CMN Yes