Re: section 10.8

Mickey Quenzer wrote:

> Hello Group:
>
> One important review function that we've forgotten in section 10.8 is the
> function to read the current element. I.E. ReadCurrentElement.

Mickey,

I think there are two parts to an answer to this request:

1) We are relying on assistive technologies to do the rendering of
   selected content outside of the context of other content.

2) We have requirements to be able to navigate to some elements
   in the document (active elements, important elements).

Therefore, I think your requirement is met by

  (a) requiring that the user be able to navigate to an element.
  (b) requiring availability of content through the DOM so that
      ATs may render selected or focused content.

Just a reminder that all content must be available through
both the user interface and the DOM, but there is no requirement
that selected content be rendered <em>out of context</em> in
the conforming user agent's user interface.

I therefore don't believe that any other requirement is necessary
for the document.