Conformance Claim and keyboard API support

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 12:00:55 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Since the group has required support for a keyboard API, I don't think the
we should allow any type of conformance if a user agent cannot support a
keyboard API.  The group could address this issue in a future version of
the document.

Currently the conformance section makes the following statement:
"Checkpoints that refer to the keyboard always apply. The subject must
implement the standard API for the keyboard unless the operating system
does not offer one."

I think we should state:
"Checkpoints that refer to the keyboard always apply. The subject must
implement the standard keyboard API.  If an operating system or user agent
does not offer or support a keyboard API, then the user agent cannot
conform to these guidelines."

MC-574