RE: SVG, Style, Resizing, Etc.

My comments below labeled with "EH:".

EH: I am not sure that I understand SVG well enough to have really strong
opinions, but following are a few thoughts. I have already stated my liking
for a requirement for scaling of graphics (not necessarily Priority 1).
(""Checkpoint X. Allow the user to configure and control the resizing the
visual presentation of recognized non-text elements and make the information
available through API  [Priority 2]"
"This includes SVG graphics that are recognized as non-text elements."")[1].
Expanding the scope of 4.3 and 4.4 to include scalable graphics seems
reasonable, although I think the Priority 1 rating is most warranted in
those cases in which the scalable graphics constitute text elements
(remember I mean understandable when rendered in each of the three modes!).
The expansion does seem warranted and the SVG seems to make such a
requirement quite feasible to implement. Nevertheless, I do emphasize with
the ideas that we want to avoid rash changes at a point when we are trying
to stabilize the document. Are there experts with whom we could confer in
evaluating the potential problems with such expansions?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000OctDec/0004.html