Re: content terms

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:05:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
cc: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
In the way I understand it, it includes images and other things that are
presented (the perceived effect of scripts, but not the actual code, for
example).

Charles McCN

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Al Gilman wrote:

  > I have been developing a fondness for the term "native content" to
  > designate "the document content, excluding the markup."

  A couple of comments:

  1) I'm not sure it's necessary to distinguish what you are calling
  "native content" from other content.

  2) Does native content also exclude style, scripts, and binary
     code? Does that amount to "human readable text"?

   _ Ian

September - November 2000:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France